Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to business...

I've been getting back into crocheting just a tiny bit lately.  Not nearly as much as I did, but just enough to keep my sanity.  I saw this about a week ago, and instantly fell in love.  I'm sorry - I'm a bad, bad blogger, and forgot to make a note to give credit, so I'm sorry - I have no idea where this picture came from...like I said, bad, bad blogger.  But, if you know where, please share!! 

Anyhoo...I'm widly in love with this lamp...it's so "Granny Chic," and those that know me know that my true design match is old, lame and cheesy (and sadly, usually comes with a musty, old-person smell...).



There are a few other things I've been working on, too!  A little girl at our church just turned one this week!  And since our family has been blessed with ALL BOYS lately, and I had some spare pink yarn laying around the house, I decided to make her a little lacy dress and matching bonnet.  I have to add buttons for the straps (it's a jumper-style dress), and block it, and it'll be all set to give her on Sunday!  I can't wait to show you pics!!!  *grin*

And, I started making our little guy a viking hat last night.  It's about the cutest thing EVER.  So far, the hat part is done,  I just need to work on how to make the "antlers."  Are they called antlers on a viking hat?  I'm never really sure.

 I'm basing my hat on the one under this link:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/63723647/crochet-pattern-lael-viking-hat-sizes

Right now, we don't have the money to pay for the pattern, but once we do, I hope to pay for it - just to give her the credit.  I realize I'm not using HER pattern (I'm making it up as I go - hoping for the best) - but it was her pic that made me swoon and need to make one.

And then, once it's done, I hope to have a couple extra dollars to work on a dinosaur hat for my new nephew.  It's been weird for me - all my other nieces & nephews had all kinds of home-made stuff from Aunt Stella - but because of the timing of Jordan, and being the same as Ben, I've not had the time (or the energy) to create for him like I did the others. 

Hopefully life can settle into a routine, and I can start making for him the way I did for the others...

*grin*

Yarn...Love...

*grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment