Monday, January 11, 2016

From My Porch to Yours...and then to Mine!

I was supposed to post this a LOOOOONG time ago.  But, I've been sick, LITERALLY, since Christmas!  So, this is all the amazing decorating we did at the Little Lucas House this year. 
 

 
 
We've had a crazy warm "winter." Because it was so nice, Connor was able to join in on the rooftop fun!  He was so excited to climb to the top of the house.  He kept saying, "I can see for miles!"
 
 
 
 This picture is the whole reason for this post.  In the last bits of summer, I received a message from my cousin that Aunt Kay had sent a gift down for me.  Talk about EXCITED!

And, when I got the gift, I couldn't stop giggling, I was SO excited!  Aunt Kay sent down this adorable sled - bear, stocking and all (with a tiny chalkboard that says BEARY CHRISTMAS!!!) - just for me!

I'm absolutely smitten!
 
And oh...this wagon.  What a story!
 

Our first Christmas married, my Mother-In-Law gifted me this adorable little wagon. The poor little thing had a rough season last year.  Ben (and part of his obsession with all wagons, train, and HAULERS,) had pushed it through the snow and down the porch so many times that 3 of the 4 wheels, and even the handle had all fallen off.  I hadn't planned on bringing it out - especially since I had this adorable new sled, and lantern...I would save the wagon for something else.  Well, that was my plan.
 
Little did I know that Ben knew this wagon as part of Christmas.  While I was busy taking pictures of my two big guys on the roof, Ben had decided he needed to fix my wagon for Christmas, "because you NEED a wagon for Christmas, Mom".  He convinced Andrew to help him get out a rubber mallet, and dad's jack stand (yup, they put this little wagon on the jack...you know, to get it in the air, like Daddy does), and got all the wheels back on.  Ben even made Andrew find a screw to hold the handle in place!
 
So, I'm up front, telling Barry where to hang lights, and Ben and Andrew come marching down the driveway, rolling this wagon! 
 
Needless to say, we grabbed a little baby pine, and PROUDLY placed it under the mail box.  :o)
 
I was so proud of my LITTLE guys taking it upon themselves to solve what THEY saw as a problem (the broken wagon). 

No comments:

Post a Comment