Thursday, May 14, 2015

Spring!

Our days are full of baseball, and caring for these tiny plants, while doing our best to nurture these little souls.
 
 
Ben Showing off his HARD WORK
 
 
Andrew hadn't even had his first game, and had dirty knees!
 
 
Connor, Our Catcher
Spring always hits like a flash, and we're off - running like headless chickens. 

My introverted brain becomes overwhelmed, and I shut down.  It's frustrating to me that the weather has finally broken, and we're getting more sun than snow (finally!), and I want to hide.

I panic. 

All those people; all those PLANS.  Will I ever have time to clean the house AGAIN?  When will we return to having time for NOTHING?

But, I remember that my boys have been waiting patiently for MONTHS for these days.  Five days a week at the ball field, and they're in Heaven.  We can be outside, with friends, and neighbors, and family from dawn til dusk. 

So, I take a great, big breath, and I remember that I want them to be outgoing people, that enjoy every moment of their life.  And, it's in those moments that I'm so proud of them, and who they are becoming, despite their (step)mom. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the warmer weather my dear and ALL that it brings, the dust will still be there next winter, less cleaning, more fun! Enjoy those boys!

    ReplyDelete